Based in Cupertino,
September 30, 2015
Orbit is a gravity simulator at the heart of a puzzle game. Launch planets with a flick of your hand, and try to get them into stable orbits around black holes.
Can you make enough orbits to progress to the next level?
Orbit features a Sandbox where you can create your own levels! Control time, disable collisions, and paint with gravity. Publish your creations to the world for everyone to play.
- 45 free levels, with new mechanics are introduced over time — like repulsive black holes and planets with their own gravity that attract each other
- Play community-created levels — virtually limitless content made by other players, all completely free
- Launch as many planets as you like, and watch the mesmerizing orbital mechanics unfold
- Planets leave colored traces, so that at the end of a level you will have created a beautiful piece of art
- See the future trajectory of a planet before you launch it
- Play in an environment of smooth, minimalist graphics while listening to relaxing classical piano
Before Chetan quit his job as an AI researcher to become a full-time independent game developer, he was working on a side project: a game called Orbit. He quietly launched it in September 2015.
In August 2016, Orbit was selected for participation in the Google Play Indie Games Festival. It started to chart on Google Play, and quickly reached #5 of Top Free Puzzle Games. It later won the Google Play Indie Games Festival, and was featured by Google multiple times on the Play Store. It was launched on Steam shortly after.
download files as .zip (65 KB)
download file as .zip (7 KB)
Awards & Recognition
About HIGHKEY Games
Sharing love of art and music through games.
For more information on HIGHKEY Games go here.